Sunday 19 August 2012

The Potter Shop Hall of Fame

Here are my my favourite Carlisle potter shops.  Some long-since closed, some still going strong:
  • Danny's Discount Store - legendary shop, famous for its Pepe jeans with snazzy keyrings;
  • Music Box - still going strong and, actually, a bloody good shop if you're after games and music. But there's no doubting its appearance qualifies it for a place in the potter shop Hall of Fame;
  • Famous Army Stores (FAS) - potterish, simply because of the handful of items that made their way into school uniforms, immediately branding the unfortunate wearer as a potter. I got a pair of British Knights basketball boots from there, in a delightful white, turquoise and black. I loved them and embraced my consolidation in the world of potters;
  • Beavan's Bargain Store - I can't remember where in Carlisle this was but do recall it being a true potter shop. It saddens me that such shops have dwindled with the rise of faceless potter shops, such as Poundland and Poundstretcher. Ladgeful.
Any suggestions for more?

3 comments:

  1. Ere mate, that Beavan's was pures where Gary Etheridge electrical cowie shop is now. Ladgeful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah, interesting! I don't quite remember that. I'll have to ask me muvva!

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ill tell ya wat it is, i f**kin hated bevens! Me muvva draged ez round for hours! Proper ladgeful, neva even bort ez owt!

    ReplyDelete